Sunday, September 2, 2012

One Week Ago Today.........

We lost our Sweet Coco Puff a week ago today. She was the cutest little Pom, smart, full of life, sweet personality and a once in a life time dog as my husband called her. She died of a Collapsed Trachea in our arms on our bed. It has been a very difficult time for us to accept the fact she is gone from our lives. We have had very dark moments. We talk about our feelings and cry together, she was as close to us as a child would be. We have had so many people say such wonderful comments to us through Facebook, relatives, friends, and people we don't even know. It helps knowing there are so many other people out there who care as deeply. I have a couple of dear friends who have lost their dogs and we all know what it feels like and we support each other. My husband said if he could have her back all well and healthy, he would give her half of his years he has left so that when she died he could die with her. Now that is a devotion of deep love, she was his special girl. I have had a special friend who I started sending messages too after I lost Coco Puff. I was able to give her my feelings in messages daily and in return she lifted me up with her words of support, love and kindness. I will always be thankful for her act of kindness to me. We have a battery operated clock in our bathroom. It stopped last Sunday at the time Coco Puff died. Makes you wonder doesn't it?? We have three other little dogs who fill our lives with joy and happiness and that has been our saving Grace. We know they miss her too and we are trying very hard to make them feel better too. My neighbor gave me a beautiful stone marker with sweet words to mark her grave. This is the draw back of having pets when you love them so deeply, you and your life are never the same when you loose them. She will be forever in our hearts and we will always love her deeply. Rest in Peace our little Coco Puff until we meet again xoxoxoxo....

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, I know this well.
It is so hard, so hard.
I can only tell you with time some peace will come, but it feels like an eternity.
Thinking of you and Jim, Debbie. xo

QueenBe said...

Debbie, you know I can certainly understand exactly how many emotions you are feeling right now, and will feel for some time to come. Remember what we have talked about.... no regrets, and eventually the sad feelings will be taken over by happy memories, and thoughts of what a WONDERFUL life you gave her, and she gave you. Don't just grieve, but give thanks for having her in your life!!