Friday, September 9, 2011

Love My Deer (Especially for Carlanda)




This is especially for Carlanda my dear friend who lives in Nevada and is moving to Oregon, in fact real close to me!!! So I want you to meet Larry, Curly and Moe.....Curly was not here this morning, only Larry and Moe. Larry and Curly are twins and Moe is the oldest of the three. Some times in the evening I have four real big bucks. Haven't named the fourth one because he is not here all the time. These three seem to be my resident deer. Moe, the oldest was very close with the buck that I nursed back from a broken leg. Then the following year some jerk (poachers) shot him in his shoulder and he lasted about three or four months with that bad shoulder and stress on the back previous broken leg. I did what I could for him, kept him fed and watered and then one day he never came back to me. He had such bad luck poor guy. He was my gentle giant and he was beautiful, I will never forget him and I have many pictures of him. I also have something special of his, his big rack of horns. He lost his here on the property and we found them. They will loose one side then the other, every year this happens. I felt so blessed to of gotten these because you never really find their antlers. He stayed close to our property because he had a lot of trouble getting around with two bum legs. Deer season is approaching fast and as well as we can protect them by putting up no hunting signs, the bucks go down to the river and run all over BLM land. Then there are the resident hunters (neighbors) who like to shoot them in their yards!! So no matter how much you love the wildlife there is always some person waiting for an easy trophy. Then there is always the local poachers (Low Life) who hunt them all year long and eat just the back strap. I pray for the day these jerks get caught!!! I love my deer and I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to have them around me. I have learned so much about them while living here in this beautiful piece of heaven. So I enjoy them, hand them some food, talk to them, give them water and let them know they are safe with me...... 

1 comment:

carlanda brown williamson said...

i can't wait! they are beautiful and graceful. thank you for sharing this post with me! xo