Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Family Of Chickens


I am as happy as ever because my Chickens got their roof on their house this past two days. My Hubby worked and worked and got it done finally. We were so thankful to get the funds to get it done before it rains. There was wood on their roof and plastic but now I know they are protected from the water. Last May we bought six chicks at the Grange Co-Op. We had them in our wood box that is half in the house and half out, perfect place for them. After a week I finally got them eating out of my hand. A week later I lost one, it died, was a sad day. Now they are about four months old and they are getting big and sounding like chickens. This was my first time to raise chickens and if you know me well, I am such an animal lover and I spoil everything!!! People wonder how in the world you can have spoiled chickens, well I do!! I love my chickens and can't wait until they start laying eggs. We let them free range and they have been real good staying on the property. I have trained them with corn either out of the can or frozen. Of course I warm the frozen corn *Wink* When I get the sign done for the Hen House I will post a picture, still trying to think up a clever name.  I tried to get a picture of all of them together but two of them were hiding but I am sure I will be posting more pictures........thanks for stopping by.....

1 comment:

carlanda brown williamson said...

how cute are they! i can't wait to live the life. i want my sign to say hen hotel. if you like it, use it! great post. see you soon! xo carlanda